UK’s FSA Warns Against a Potentially Toxic ‘Miracle Cure’ For Autism

Pensive child looking through a windowDisguised as the “miracle cure” for autism, an industrial strength bleach has been circulating the online market. According to recent reports, U.K. police forces fear that one British woman may have already administered the lethal concoction to her child.

The “Miracle Mineral Solution,” marketed as a cure for cancer, autism, HIV, malaria, and a slew of other conditions, contains sodium chlorite and hydrochloric acid. When combined, these two chemicals form bleach, which is a toxic product to ingest.

Miracle Mineral Solution was recently claimed to be effective by an organization called the Genesis II Church of Health and Healing. Jim Humble, the “Archbishop” of the Genesis II Church, claims the faux medicine has helped him recover from malaria.

However, experts are refuting the claims. Instead, the U.K.’s Food Standards Agency is warning the public about its adverse effects, such as severe nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and possible death.

The Thames mother in question allegedly administered doses of the lethal concoction to her young autistic son. According to the labeling, parents seeking to cure autism are told to administer the bleach orally or as an enema.

Approximately one in 50 school children in the U.S. have some form of autism. While early intervention is recommended for the best possible treatment and care, autism has yet to be cured. Rather, autism is a genetically rooted mental condition, and any product that claims to be able to eradicate such should raise red flags.

“As a parent of autistic children, I know the desperation to make things better for your child, but it’s unbelievable that these people are using an unscientific, unproven, and unregulated product on their child,” said autism activist Emma Dalmayne. “The fact their children get ill [as a result of MMS] and are in pain should be enough to get them to stop immediately. Sadly, they don’t.”

The product is said to have already caused one fatality and produced severe negative reactions in an old man who attempted to treat himself with the industrial chemicals.

Despite this knowledge, the product is still circulating around the internet and is currently for sale.

Related posts